- Humans and Machines
- A New Perspective: Document Governance
- The Dramatic Impacts of Document-Driven Business Processes
- The next decade of technology in business
- The future of technology disruption in business
- Businesses to enter a new era of decentralisation
- The CIO and CMO to form dynamic partnership and enable customer-led innovation
- Chief Executives should not be held to ransom by technology
- Businesses unable to keep up with impacts of technological change may disappear by 2020
- Ricoh Process Efficiency Index
- Businesses play a risky game with document security
- Healthcare, education and financial service organisations at risk of document compliance breaches
- Existing business processes across Europe are unnecessarily labour intensive
- Managing the costs of document processes in Europe
- Document processes have far reaching impacts
- The European Union's Digital Agenda
Chief Executives should not be held to ransom by technology
The majority (70 per cent) of global business leaders acknowledge that there are still plenty of gains to be made in using technology to improve operating efficiency. They also expect technology advances to deliver greater speed and responsiveness toward customers and, through ever more sophisticated data analysis, the ability to tailor products and services to an unprecedented degree.
So how can CEOs ensure technology meets their expectations and that their business operations are future proof and agile enough to ensure the organisation remains competitive in the future?
Start at the right place – analyse the journey that critical business information takes before it is turned into knowledge or is adding business value. Information is one of an organisation’s greatest assets.
Challenge the norm to uncover the bottlenecks – assess the efficiency of the core processes by challenging the traditional ‘way of doing things’. There is no doubt the processes were efficient when first implemented but are they meeting business needs in today’s big data environment?
Keep an eye on the target – the workplace will continue to change but if the core business processes have been optimised and performance is reviewed on an on-going basis, the organisation can keep its focus firmly on meeting business goals.
The successful organisations of the future will be those that embrace change and harness the benefits from innovative technologies, ensuring they maximise them in order to future proof their information infrastructures and create competitive edge.
You can also download the executive summary to find out more.